The easy 5-5-5 Method
- Place 1 cup of water in inner pot of pressure cooker (liquid is ALWAYS needed for the pressure cooker to be able to reach pressure.)
- Place eggs in egg rack or carefully on top of rack that the Instant Pot came with.
- Seal pressure cooker.
- Set cook time to 5 minutes (5 minutes on high pressure–push the manual button and adjust timer to 5 minutes)
- After cook time has elapsed, let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes (I suggest setting a timer that will beep at 5 minutes so you don’t lose track of time. )
- Once 5 minutes has elapsed, release any remaining pressure in Instant Pot by using wooden spoon or kitchen towel to knock vent knob to vent position.
- Carefully, remove eggs from pressure cooker and place in ice bath. Eggs are VERY hot, so use pot holder if you fingers aren’t made of steel!
- After eggs have been in ice bath for 5 minutes, remove eggs from ice bath.
- Peel and enjoy your PERFECT hard boiled eggs.
Don’t forget… to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.
written by Omar Aguila. Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.